Last modified: May 10, 2023
Front Row is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children and adults with life-threatening illnesses by providing them with front row experiences at live entertainment events.
This policy applies to information we collect about donors and visitors on our website and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our website. This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on our website.
When you are donating, expressing an interest in referring a potential Front Row recipient, sharing your connections to individuals who might have tickets to live events, subscribing to our online newsletter, or applying for yourself or someone else to be considered as a Front Row recipient, we may ask you for personal information. We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Personal information about the user completing the application and personal information about the potential recipient, including name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, a potential recipient’s diagnosis, his or her past and present treatment regimen, facilities where treatment occurred or is occurring, identification of treating physician and treating physician contact information, the potential recipient’s prognosis or projected condition, and information concerning the potential recipient’s personal experiences in dealing with the health condition;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details; and
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Information provided directly from you to Front Row. Front Row does not collect any personally identifying information from you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide us with such information.
- Information is collected as you navigate our website automatically. This includes details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, other communication data, the resources that you access, use on the website, usage details, information about your computer, internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and information collected through cookies.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Front Row does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Front Row may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to our website. Those tools may be used to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites, including ones (such as FlipCause) that may gather personal contact information and billing information for donors, such as your billing address and credit card number when you donate. Front Row is not responsible for your usage of, the privacy practices or content of such websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect in the following ways:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about donations or recipients, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any services we offer or provide through it.
- To evaluate whether a potential recipient is eligible for a Front Row experience, including deciding whether a potential recipient has a health condition that Front Row determines to be progressive, degenerative, or malignant and that has placed the potential recipient’s life in jeopardy.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we use the information we have received from an application form to contact a potential recipient’s treating physician and to discuss the potential recipient’s diagnosis and projected condition for purposes of evaluating a potential recipient’s eligibility. Although Front Row is not a “covered entity” that must comply with the privacy and security rules and regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (“HIPAA”), we are committed to protecting the information we receive from potential recipients about their past, present, or future health conditions through our compliance with this policy. We strive to maintain technical and physical safeguards which are designed to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the personally identifiable health information that you provide to us on our website and related information systems. However, no system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of such personally identifiable health information. Any transmission of any personal information on our website is at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as DonorPerfect, which processes our billing and collection.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you complete an application for a potential recipient and provide that person’s contact information, we may disclose the information you have provided to the potential recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Use and Disclose of Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Front Row to promote our services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Children Under the Age of 13
ATTENTION ALL PERSONS UNDER AGE 13
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF TO US, INCLUDING YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR E-MAIL ADDRESS, OVER THE INTERNET, BY E-MAIL, OR BY ANY OTHER MEANS. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE.
Although children under 13 years of age are not permitted to use this website, Front Row may collect personally identifiable information from parents or legal guardians about children who are being referred as potential Front Row recipients. Front Row does not collect any personally identifying information about children from our website unless a parent or legal guardian chooses to provide us with such information by completing an application on behalf of their child.
If a parent or legal guardian wants to nominate their child as a potential Front Row recipient, the parent or legal guardian must submit an application on behalf of their child through our website. The application requires the parent or legal guardian to submit personal information about themselves and about their child. The parent or legal guardian will provide information about his or her name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. The information we collect about a potential child recipient includes the child’s name, birth date, diagnosis, past and present treatment regimen, facilities where treatment occurred or is occurring, identification of treating physician, treating physician contact information, prognosis or projected condition, and information concerning the child’s individual experiences in dealing with the health condition (the “Recipient Information”).
The Recipient Information is used by Front Row staff to evaluate whether a child is eligible for a Front Row experience, including deciding whether the child has a health condition that Front Row determines to be progressive, degenerative, or malignant and that has placed the child’s life in jeopardy.
Front Row may also contact the child’s treating physician and discuss the child’s diagnosis and projected condition for purposes of evaluating a potential recipient’s eligibility. Typically, a physician provides Front Row with information about the child’s condition that verifies the Recipient Information which Front Row has received. However, it is possible that certain Recipient Information may be disclosed to the child’s physician. Even in those cases in which Front Row discloses certain Recipient Information to a child’s physician, Front Row does not disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to confirm the child faces a life-threatening illness. This is necessary so Front Row can fulfill its mission of providing Front Row experiences only to individuals facing critical health illnesses.
Parents’ Rights Regarding Personal Information Collected About Their Child
You have the right to review, prevent further use, prevent further collection, and delete the Recipient Information collected about your child. Upon receipt of your request, we will verify by reasonable means, that you are in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian. Upon verification, we will provide you with, discontinue any further use of, cease to collect, or delete the Recipient Information. Please contact email@example.com to exercise this right.
Front Row’s Duty
Front Row has a duty to maintain reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your child’s Recipient Information. Front Row employs such reasonable procedures.
BEFORE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MAY SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ON BEHALF OF YOUR CHILD, you must provide your consent to Front Row to collect, use, and disclose the personal information about your child. Before you may submit an application, we will prompt you to consent to the collection and use of the information.
By using this website, you hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You will not complete an application on behalf of your child or allow your child to use this website without first providing your consent to Front Row collecting, using, and disclosing the Recipient Information about your child.
- Parental consent is necessary before Front Row can collect, use and/or disclose your child’s personal information.
Front Row will employ reasonable methods to ensure it is communicating with the parent or legal guardian during any contact requiring verifiable parental consent.